How to wear red
All of a sudden i see red everywhere, not even a day goes by when i dont see a red look on social media. From the catwalks of aw 17 it was clear red will be huge for aw 17 and i think the red effect has spilled over to ss 17.
The red dress in various styles is the most red hot and i am really glad i spotted this slip style floral dress at H&M while shopping for my greece trip. Ah it was just perfection. Had initially planned to wear it in Santorini our second stop in greece but seeing all the gorgeous flowers in Mykonos i got tempted to wear it on our second day.
How to wear red
1. Since its such a bold colour breaking it with a pattern makes it more easy to wear. So choose any patterned top or dress in red like my floral dress here, bright red but the floral pattern breaking the red. You can choose stripes or the trending gingham or any pattern u like.
2. Red turns any piece of clothing or accessory into a statement piece. Imagine a simple tee but in red, now you know what i am trying to say. A red tee with a blue jean is the simplest outfit but it makes a statement. Wearing a red top makes the most casual outfits trendy.
3. Red is actually a great colour to add to your wardrobe incase, just like me you mostly love neutrals because it makes a great pop with all the neutrals there are. And if you are a colour lover i am sure u already have a lot of red. Signifying confidence and passion it can actually be ladylike and daring at the same time. A combination i love.
4. If you are a fan of red then this is your time to wear red all over. A red top with a red bottom and red shoes.
5. In case you still find red intimidating rock it in the form of accessories. think red earrings, bags, necklace and shoes. Keep the rest of ur outfit neutral and have a pop of red.
6. The hottest colour combo with red at the moment is pink. yes you read it right, pink, i could not have ever imagined it to be a colour combo even but yes it is and it looks great, fiery and head turning, red with pink looks feminine but fiery, soft but bold just a contrast of moods and you guys know how much i love contrast so its but obvious that i can’t wait to wear it myself. e.g A red bottom paired with a pink top or a red cami layered over a pink dress/ top, etc.
Are you digging red and how do you love to wear it?
Thank you for stopping by, see you with my next.