Modern Kimono & effortless chic style how to
Being effortlessly chic can be a task to begin with as it really needs some good practice to get a hang but once you do, it can be fairly easy. Always about balance and letting the wearer shine through the outfits aka the person wearing the clothes and not the clothes wearing the person. If effortless chic is your cup of tea then let the following 10 points guide you to be one with ease.
- Do not try too hard, i.e the first rule. Like wearing all the accessories or all the trends at the same time.
- Pair something tight with something loose, for e.g if you are wearing a skinny jeans wear a loose top or a wide leg trouser with a fitted top that way the look is balanced and looks more chilled out.
- Monochrome always wins at effortless chic. I am a huge fan of monochrome i think i wear it most days. One colour outfits with a pop of print or a different colour through ur accessories or outerwear like in todays look is a sure shot way to rock effortless chic.
- Think about fit and tailoring. Even if the piece is loose like my kimono since it has a clean cut and structured look it delivers. Tailoring is specially important for trousers and outerwear. Trousers that are perfectly tailored to your body will lend chic to your outfits.
- Be comfortable in your outfit if you are not don’t wear it because it will never look effortless. Shoes that keep you comfy throughout the day and clothing that keeps you breathing.
- Wear a statement piece with other basic pieces.
- Effortless chic is cool and classic but not dated. So wear those trends just remember to wear them in the right proportion to keep it modern but chilled out.
- There are a few colours that are particularly chic, and without any guesses they are the neutrals like black, white, grey, camel, nude and now blush pink.
- Chic prints are stripes and leopard.
- 10. Always dress for your body type, what looks effortless on A person might not look the same on you.
I fell in love with KAYOMO labs collection after spotting it in the fashion showroom during London Fashion Week AW17. So fun yet so practical catering to all sexes and ages, people who are modern yet open to traditions and a blend of cultures. The inside of the kimono is equally stunning and they do great colours as well as neutrals. I feel they are really a very chic statement piece.
This look incorporates most of those points above, no. 3 wearing monochrome, no 4. Clean cut outerwear and tailored shorts, no 5. my mules are the comfiest and so are my roomy tee and shorts no. 6 wearing a statement piece with basics (statement kimono, basic tee and shorts), no 7 rocking the pastel mules trend no 10. the A line tailored shorts give a good shape to my body and above all NO 1 because i followed all those points my look does not look tried too hard.
Thank you for stopping by, See you with my next.