How to nail an all black outfit
No matter how much you love colour, in the colder months, an all black outfit is a practical and functional option that also reflects the mood. It is an easy outfit to do for most of us because we all have that wardrobe staple, the leather jacket. If not please get one. That said all black outfit may sound very easy to put on, but just throwing some black pieces together does not give the chic look. It can be super blah and that is no fun, more so when the weather is grumpy and miserable.
But with a few points to remember you can make your all black outfit fun as ever.
- Focus on the details - Yes just like monochrome, details make all the difference. Like my flared sleeve sweater/ jumper. The embroidery on my jeans. You can look for pieces with sequins, lace, ruffles, unusual cuts and embellishment details to amp up the outfit.
- Texture- The contrast of different fabrics is a great styling trick for an all black look. Faux Leather worn with knit or velvet or satin, you get the drill.
- A pop of colour - helps to break the monotone and adds interest. Like the pop of colour on my jeans here. Accessories are also a great way to add a pop of colour.
- Accessories- They are really the make or break point. Go for statement boots, statement bag, statement jewellery, statement belt. Just remember to balance it out. Not really a great idea to have all the statements together, haha!! I chose statement boots ( golden Chelsea boots) and bag (leopard print ) and kept the jewellery simple ( rose gold hoops).
- Metallics always look great with an all black outfit.
- Layering- Adds interest, this outfit is actually a great example. I am wearing a jumper, on top of it a longline gillet and on top of that a leather jacket.
Are you a fan of all black. Hope this post was helpful.
Thank you for stopping by, see you with my next.