How to style sequins, party season essential
Party season for me starts around diwali and goes well till the first week of januray. That is a good stretch of more than 2 months and one of my top essentials for this time of the year is a sequin number. Its definitely the item that catches everyones eyes at parties and i strongly suggest you get a sequin piece for those dressier parties. Having said that i wouldn’t want to have something hang in my closet the whole year and just come out 2-3 times so i decided to style my stunning bodycon dress from NUE for a casual day.
here are a few ways you can make those sequin pieces work for casual occasions
- Change your shoes to casuals like sneakers or flats.
- Wear casual accessories like a casual velvet choker or a chunky belt.
- If styling a top, wear with ripped jeans, boyfriend jeans, shorts in the summer time or culottes.
- if styling a sequin skirt wear with a graphic tee or sweatshirt, denim jacket or casual sweater.
- a sequin blazer looks great paired with a plain tee and ripped jeans.
- if styling a bodycon dress layer a full skirt on top.
NUE by Shani is a revolutionary line of flirty dresses with in built compression fabric that is specially woven with spun lycra that shapes and moulds the body, giving the wearer an appearance of a size smaller and allowing her to celebrate her body. Shani, the designer takes the timeless pursuit of enhancing the female shape through tailoring tricks like rusching, darting etc NUE dresses are luxurious and suited to the many roles of modern women and it definitely gave shape to my body without any discomfort. On this day i went out for lunch after the shoot and was quite comfortable throughout.
as i would wear to a party
Thank you for stopping by! See you in my next one.