what to do when nothing to wear, india fashion week ss17 outfit
Closet full of clothes and nothing to wear or maybe the closet is not full but you get what i am trying to say, you have nothing to wear doesn’t feel good right! now add to it the pressure of attending a big event like fashion week. This was my situation when i last minute decided to attend the india fashion week in delhi. I think i was just stupid to not plan for it. Should not even start about that as i still feel like slapping myself!!!!
Basically i had no outfit so the only option left was to use my styling sense to come up with a fashion week worthy outfit with pieces existing in my wardrobe. Layering is the first word that comes to my mind when thinking of fresh outfits with existing pieces. And matching sets had saved me many a times in the past so i thought of this black one which is probably 3 years old and put this black embroidery skirt from this summer on top and voila i had my outfit. The pieces were old but the outfit was totally fresh and forward for autumn 2016.
So here are a few points to help u when u have nothing to wear i.e when u need a fresh outfit from your existing wardrobe (not how to have nothing to wear i.e items that should be in your wardrobe so you are not stuck with nothing to wear, which i will talk about in another post.)
- Think of layering like in todays outfit, or adding a vest on top of ur off shoulder top, etc. Spring, autumn and winter u can really use this technique to come up with multitude diff outfits.
- Think of unusual pairings like a wrap dress with a pencil skirt
- Wear with diff accessories like something u have been wearing with minimal jewelry , wear it with statement clutch or earrings
- Combine different moods like embroidery with clean cuts.
- Change your footwear like your ultra feminine pleated midi that you have worn with heels and sleek shoes now wear with edgy boots.
- Create a pinterest board of outfits that involve the pieces or similar pieces that you have in your wardrobe. So whenever you come across any outfit that u like or find fresh on blogs, fashion websites, instagram, google search or pinterest just pin it to that board and refer to it whenever you are stuck.
I am totally in love with this super easy braided half updo. Looks great on long hair and if u too want to achieve that clip in hair extensions and tape in hair extensions from omgnb are great.
Thank you for stopping by! See you in my next one.