White always does it
I am writing to you from the magical greek island Santorini. Sitting on a sofa in the terrace of our apartment, the sea is all my eyes can see and the the sound of the water is all my ears can hear. Bliss as they call it. Nature is bliss. In Greece everything is white and everything looks beautiful and that is making me write this post why white always does it, i have been wanting to write this post for long but being in Greece, i had to do the first. I love white and out of a bunch of things in various colours i instinctively gravitate towards white, its also the colour or no colour i wear most often as you already have seen so its actually not be said that it is my favourite. That said today i am putting the top reasons why white works.
- White is a clean slate so everything/ all colours pop against it.
- Anything white automatically gives you a very pure, innocent, young and fresh vibe.
- Not just fashion white spaces look brighter and bigger as white reflects light as compared to all other colours that absorb light.
- It is an extremely versatile colour leaving you loads of colour combination options.
- White is traditional and classy as well as modern so it can be worn by people of all ages.
- It gets you all the attention. Imagine a room full of people and you walk in wearing all white, 100% you will make heads turn and be the centre of attraction.
- For its light reflecting properties it is a blessing in the summer and of course, if you live in a hot place like Delhi, where winters are hardly ever below 10 degrees celsius, all year round. I think i love white more now because of my life in Delhi, just can’t think of any colour other than pastels and white on my body in that heat. Its almost a frightful sight to see someone in hot pink or red or any of those bright loud colours in Delhi. 45 degrees celsius and colour don’t go together.
A white dress is a summer must have for all the reasons above. Embroidery is another for ss17 and this customized dress from eshakti kills two birds by one stone. See how the embroidery and the colours pop against white. It also kept me very comfortable during the whole day of exploring sunny Mykonos, travel post coming soon.
Thank you for stopping by, see you with my next.