How to dress like a street style pro
There are some misconceptions going around about street style, like street style is pairing some obnoxious things together, wearing micro shorts, its not everyones cup of tea, etc etc. Well those can be street style but street style is definitely not just that so today i thought of clearing some doubts as well as suggesting how you can get your street style going aka dress like a street style pro:
- The number one and the easiest way is to wear sneakers with anything and everything. Specially white sneakers. They make even your most elegant dresses and things look cool which is what street style is. I am literally obsessed with my white sneakers, be it travelling or home they are my go to shoes. And rightly so, the comfort is unmatched, when you are out and about and your feet hurt there is no way you are going to look cool, not even close. Plus they actually look good paired with absolutely anything in a girls wardrobe.
- Another sure shot way is to mix masculine and feminine pieces, think pairing a boyish trouser with ruffled top and the likes. The clash of the mood of something masculine with something feminine creates a very street style vibe.
- An extension of point number 2, is going for a look that is a Juxtaposition of different styles, moods and silhouettes. I love mixing different styles like a very casual dress with a very glamorous earring and the likes. A key to street style is combining unexpected pieces, pieces that are not usually paired together.
- Sunnies and statement handbags work well for street style. Even if you are wearing a minimal outfit just by putting a pair of reflecting sunglasses on or a fun bag (think pattern, embroidery, shape, fun straps or handle) you can get many street style points.
- Playing with fashionable accessories, there are always those few trendy items that you see all the street style stars rocking, if they match your style try to incorporate them in your outfits, For e.g neckerchiefs were huge last year and this year corset belts and fishnets are huge, i love to wear them whenever i can, in this outfit i think the fishnet socks are the game changer, winning major street style brownie points. Also tying my scarf on my bag was a great thing to do, so play around with those fun accessories.
- Anything frayed or ripped or unusually slit automatically lends a street style vibe.
- Do not make it perfect. The key to street style is in the rawness. So if your outfit is inching towards elegance keep ur hair messy and so on.
- Mix prints, like in todays look my printed bag with my printed skirt and scarf.
- Slogan/ graphic tees are street style winners.
- Try to be updated with the latest trends because the reason we look up to and love street style stars is because they are the first to start rocking the latest trends.
- Last but not the least is the attitude of a street style star, wear whatever like you own it.
Todays look incorporates many of those points above so i hope it is easier for you to follow, my skirt is from EAST, it actually is a set with this jacket i wore during London Fashion week, see i told you how great matching sets are. The prints at East are literally obsessing, there is not even one that i don't like and want, lol!! This Lucille printed pleated skirt is also very lightweight and i love how it moves with my move!!!.
Are you a fan of street style, do you have any other tips, please share in the comments.
Thank you for stopping by, See you with my next.