Hey everyone! I am constantly looking for ways to enhance my not so perfect shape through the clothes and things i wear, this lazy bum hasn't exercised for almost 2 years now, change that pleaseeeee, ok no side tracking...!! The one method that i believed would not work but came on top is accentuating the tiniest part of the body aka the waist. And that is true for all body shapes. If you are rectangular cinching the waist will give you the curves, if you are hourglass it will show off your figure, if you are apple a tapered detail just below your bust line will give a great silhouette, if you are pear it will take the attention from your lower part to your asset, the waist.
Some of the best ways to highlight the waist are
1) Belt it- the thickness depends upon the outfit and the shape of the body for eg on my body, which is rectangular with some curves a bold belt works better to define the waist also true for apple whereas on a pear shaped or hourglass body a thin belt should be good to highlight that already thin waist.
2) Tops or dresses that have a built in tapered waist like the fit and flare dresses, the peplum tops and the a line skirts.
3) Through colors- if you are heavy on top than choosing a darker color for the top and lighter for the bottom and vice versa crates illusion of a narrow waist also through color blocking at the waist,
4) Through proportions- like a fitted top with a flare skirt or a loose crop top with high waisted skinnies
5) Tying shirts and jackets around the waist check this look
Couldn't be more happier about this dress (on sale) from Bailey Blue Clothing. Its fit and flare plus has the belt to give me the dream like figure and is made of the best quality cotton, very important for summer. And the stripes and the trendy ruffles what should i say about them!!!! There are also many many boho styles to choose on the site so do check them out!
I am getting so much use out of my cross body from EAST ( on sale) and the cobalt blue is like a pop but also a subtle one, you know what i am trying to say.
The sportiness of the baseball cap with the hotness of the heels, think contrasts for interest. And the cap actually has multi use, on this day it protected me from the drizzle while taking pictures!!!!
Thank you for stopping by! See you in my next one!